1. The name of the Club shall be the "Newport (Isle of Wight) Scrabble Club".
2. The affairs of the Club shall be administered by a committee consisting of a Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Honorary Secretary, and Honorary Treasurer, assisted by a committee, each of whom will be elected at the Annual General Meeting, which will be held on the last Tuesday in August. Members are to be notified of the Annual General Meeting four weeks beforehand.
3. The Chairman shall preside at all committee and general meetings and, in his/her absence, the Vice-Chairman shall deputise. The Chairman shall prepare a report for the A.G.M.
The Vice-Chairman shall be responsible for arranging games on Club evenings, and administering the Club’s annual tournament.
The Honorary Secretary shall record the minutes of every meeting, deal with correspondence and publicity, arrange visits to mainland tournaments, record the Scrabble averages each month, and prepare an annual report for the A.G.M.
The Honorary Treasurer shall conduct the financial affairs of the Club, collecting the annual and weekly subscriptions, banking them in the name of the "Federation of Island Societies for the Handicapped" (F.I.S.H.), administer expenses for the Club, and prepare a statement of accounts for the financial year, which will run from 1st September to 31st August.
4. The committee shall meet when necessary, to discuss the running of the Club, and be empowered to make decisions regarding rules.
5. Weekly and annual subscriptions shall be reviewed each year by the Committee, and be approved at the A.G.M. Annual subscriptions are payable on the first Tuesday in September.
6. In the event of a vacancy occurring on the Committee, another member of the Club may be co-opted to serve until the following A.G.M.